Come join us Saturday, July 21, 2018, for one of the most scenic bicycle rides in the Midwest. The Velo-Duluth Split Rock Tour will take you along the beautiful North Shore of Lake Superior. You will experience spectacular lake views and gentle rolling terrain. With multiple distance options, this route will be enjoyable for all levels of riders. Join us after your ride for a free barbecue at the registration area between 2:00 PM and 6:00 PM. All proceeds from this ride will benefit the Union Gospel Mission and Lutheran Social Service. Your support of this ride is greatly appreciated, register online now!
New for 2018: We are organizing a Vintage Ride division. Bring out your vintage bike – extra points for period-correct apparel! We are defining “vintage” as anything at least 30 years old, so bikes should not be manufactured later than 1988. All styles welcome! The vintage ride will depart the Ordean Building at 8AM, so show up early if you’d like to participate. Make sure to hang around for the weekend, as we’ll be hosting a Vintage Bike Show on Sunday the 22nd from 9AM – 2PM at Harrison Park, next door to sponsor Twin Ports Cyclery 2914 W. 3rd St.
If your interested in participating in the Vintage Bike Show, there is no fee for exhibiting, but please RSVP to the Twin Ports Cyclery, at the address above, with your contact information and description of the bicycles you would like to show. Pictures are encouraged. For purposes of the exhibit, bicycles manufactured before 1988 are welcome.
Online Registration Ends July 19, 2018
• Location Registration is at the Michigan Street lower level of the Ordean Building at 424 West Superior Street in Duluth Minnesota. After check-in, riders may choose an alternate starting location if they wish to avoid city traffic. Popular options are the Lakewalk and Brighton Beach.
• Fees Pre-registration is $40/person - $55/family (2 adults and up to 2 children under 18). PRE-REGISTER NOW! Price increases to $45/$60 after July 14
• Rides Ride choices include 15 mile, 40 mile, 60 mile and 100 mile routes - Estimate to the best of your ability to help us plan rest stops; you may change on ride day! Route maps and other important information will be available at registration. An approved bicycle helmet must be worn by all participants.
• Schedule On-site registration/check in starts at 6:30 AM. Registration will be staffed until 10:00 AM. Rides start at 7:00 AM - 100 Mile riders must start by 8:00 AM.
• Accommodations Call Visit Duluth at (800) 438-5884 or visit them online at www.visitduluth.com
• Parking There is free parking in the ramp across the street from registration.